Mid Back Pain In Manhattan
Mid back pain, also known as thoracic spine pain, is a common issue affecting people worldwide. Understanding its causes, anatomy, and treatment options is crucial for managing mid back pain and discomfort.
Mid back pain is a prevalent issue worldwide, with approximately 15-30% of the population experiencing it at some point in their lives.
It often strikes individuals between the ages of 30 and 60, though it can affect people of all ages.
Anatomy of the Thoracic Spine
- The thoracic spine comprises 12 vertebrae, labeled T1 to T12, located between the cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) regions.
- It serves as a protective housing for the spinal cord and provides structural support to the upper body.
- The Thoracic Spine has limited mobility compared to the cervical and lumbar spine due to the presence of rib attachments.
Causes of Mid Back Pain In Manhattan
- Muscular Strain: Overexertion, poor posture, or lifting heavy objects can strain the muscles and ligaments in the mid-back area.
- Herniated Discs: Discs between vertebrae can bulge or herniate, pressing on nerves and causing pain.
- Degenerative Conditions: Conditions like osteoarthritis or degenerative disc disease can lead to mid back pain.
- Fractures: Thoracic spine fractures, often due to trauma, can result in severe pain.
AHC Mid Back Pain In Manhattan Treatment and Management
Active Health Chiropractic provides the best science-driven, non-invasive approach to managing thoracic spine mid back pain in Manhattan.
- Adjustments: Spinal manipulations to the thoracic spine to help restore proper joint function and mobility, reduce pain, and enhance the body’s natural healing processes.
- Physical Rehabilitation: Tailored exercises, stretches, and rehabilitation techniques help to improve strength, flexibility, and posture.
- Ergonomic and Postural Advice: Modifying workstations and daily activities helps reduce stress on the thoracic spine.
- Lifestyle Modifications: Healthy habits like maintaining a healthy weight and proper nutrition reduce that occurence of thoracic spine pain.
It’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause of mid back pain in Manhattan and develop a personalized treatment plan. Chiropractic care and exercise are valuable options to consider for treating mid back pain in Manhattan. Come see us today!